The Legal Assistant is the ‘right hand’ of the Attorney and the conduit between the Firm and Attorney and Attorney and those outside the firm.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of organizational and client information;
- Represent the organization with professionalism and integrity when dealing with clients and others;
- Coordinate Attorney calendar, meetings, projects and follow up, schedule attendance at events and lunches or coffees, and schedule meeting space (conference rooms, or offsite);
- Client contact as requested by Attorney;
- Draft email and/or letters for review, produce or edit documents within Microsoft Word, ensure proper formatting, spelling, punctuation, and grammar;
- Matter tracking and scheduling, keeping attorney on track to meet deadlines;
- Prepare Attorney files for client meetings and appearances;
- Coordinate work with other attorneys and paralegals on client matters; and
- Support attorneys in optimizing their billable time.
- Attention to detail;
- Punctual, reliable, dependable;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with all team members and all levels of management;
- Ability to multitask and set priorities, plan and organize, ability to budget time and meet deadlines;
- Strong commitment to confidentiality;
- Responsive to client and attorney needs;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (strong proofreader for grammar, spelling and punctuation); and
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates degree or certificate program may be acceptable with proper experience;
- Thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and calendaring;
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles, practices and terminology; and
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite required.
Carmel & Naccasha offers individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, a 401(k) safe harbor and profit-sharing plan, paid vacation and sick leave, eleven paid holidays per year, and weekly paid time off in spring and summer. Our firm is family-friendly and child-care minded.
Carmel & Naccasha was founded in 2004 with a commitment to our clients, our employees, and our community. In addition, we value teamwork and collaboration, both internally, and with our local legal community.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We also are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. In addition, we welcome candidates returning to the workplace after a career hiatus to apply for this position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration until a candidate has been selected and hired.
This is a full time position with an hourly rate between $28.00 – $35.00/hour depending on education and experience.
We look forward to meeting you!
How Do I Apply?
Please visit our LinkedIn job posting for more information.