Timothy J. Carmel
Phone: (805) 546-8785
Email: click here to contact
- Municipal Law
- Land Use & Real Estate Law
- Environmental Law
- Real Property Transactions
- Sophisticated Commercial Litigation
Tim has devoted much of his practice to public sector clients, including cities, local community services, sanitary and water districts, and he served as the City Attorney for the City of Arroyo Grande from 1996-2015. In that role, he was responsible for advising the City Council, City Manager, and all City departments on points of law and ensuring that all proper legal procedures are followed. He continues to provide support to the current City Attorney on an as-needed basis.
Tim serves as district counsel for the Cambria Community Services District, Cayucos Sanitary District, and Mission Hills Community Services District. He is general counsel for San Miguelito Mutual Water Company, Morro Rock Mutual Water Company, and Cayucos Beach Mutual Water Company. In addition, many private businesses and individuals rely on Tim for representation and counsel in their land use and real estate matters, including the Hearst Corporation.
Tim was a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Insurance Law. Tim was also the 1979 World Frisbee Distance Champion and worked as a representative of Wham-O Manufacturing Company playing Frisbee.
BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- The State Bar of California
- The State Bar of Nevada
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
- Nevada (1986 – present)
- California (1986 –present)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California (1986 – present)
- Central District (2006-present)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1990-present)
- Golden Gate University of Law (J.D., 1984)
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A., 1980)