For a list of attorneys, please see below.
You work hard every day to make sure your business is profitable and thriving. That work alone demands your full attention. Our attorneys work their hardest to efficiently resolve or conclude your legal needs in a timely manner so that you can get back to doing what you love (or have) to do. We advise and work with businesses, corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and general partnerships, whether they are in the start-up phase or fully mature, in the following ways:
Start up phases
- Business formation;
- Employment considerations;
- Compliance issues;
- Strategic planning;
- Business conflict resolution; and,
- Lawsuit prevention strategies.
Businesses already in operation
- Strategy, preparing and memorializing Governance Matters;
- Board coaching regarding best practices and procedures, and crisis management;
- Insurance and risk management considerations;
- Preparation and filing of annual compliance documents;
- Review, analysis, compliance and preparation of responses to shareholders regarding Subscription Agreements, Shareholder Rights Agreements, Voting Agreements/Trust; and,
- Employment consultation, litigation avoidance planning and litigation.
Copyright & Trademark
- Registration and enforcement strategy;
- Searches & registration/applications; and,
- Licensing agreements.
- Strategy, negotiating, drafting or reviewing letters of intent, memoranda of understandings, sales and acquisitions, domain purchases, funding rounds, joint venture agreements, customer/vendor contracts and other agreements;
- Corporate finance and equity structures;
- Software licensing, copyright applications, development and independent developer agreements;
- Tax strategy analysis; and,
- Ecommerce & internet transactions – terms & conditions, including preparation of provisions and policies for California’s “Online Eraser” law, Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (CalOPPA), Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) (if necessary) policy and compliance, promotion terms & conditions, CAN-SPAM Act, and affiliate marketing agreements.