Phone: (805) 546-8785
Email: click here to contact
Ziyad is a partner and co-founder of Carmel & Naccasha LLP. He counsels domestic and international companies, their shareholders and officers in a variety of matters relating to their formation, business structure, employment litigation and insurance needs. Ziyad also serves as outside general counsel to SESLOC, the Sports Warehouse Companies, LeftLane Sports, Concord Foods, TekTegrity, and other local businesses for their contract, real estate, employment, insurance and litigation needs. He also has represented domestic and international insurers and reinsurers in the defense of claims, on coverage disputes and in insurance policy drafting. As a complement to the representation of businesses, he also works with business owners and their families to transition between generations through estate and succession planning.
Ziyad currently serves on the board and on the Executive Committee of the Economic Vitality Corporation (EVC) (current past-chair), is chair of the Professional Advisors Committee on behalf of the Community Foundation of San Luis Obispo County. He is also the current chair of the Central Coast Economic Forecast Board of Directors, and serves on the Cal Poly Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CIE) Advisory Council, the local General Counsel Group. Ziyad is a proud past board member of Big Brothers Big Sisters and he recently termed off the board for the Foundation for the Performing Arts Center.
Ziyad Naccasha received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Finance from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California, in 1987. He received his law degree from the University of Notre Dame Law School in 1990 and was admitted to the Illinois State Bar the same year. He was admitted to the California State Bar in 2002.
Ziyad is admitted to practice in the States of California and Illinois and before the U.S. District Courts for the Central District of California and for the Northern District of Illinois. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar Associations, of California and Illinois, and the Chicago and San Luis Obispo Bar Associations.
Ziyad and his wife, Nihal (a local physician) have two lovely children, Emile and Hannah. They reside in San Luis Obispo and, in their free time, enjoy traveling, skiing, outdoor sports and spending quality time with family and friends. Ziyad is an avid hiker and runner and is known for his affinity for automobiles.
- Economic Vitality Corporation – Board of Directors, Current Past-Chair and Board Counsel
- San Luis Obispo County Community Foundation | Professional Advisors Committee – committee member and past Chair
- Central Coast Economic Forecast – Board of Directors, Chair
- Cal Poly CIE Incubator and Hot House – mentor, volunteer and Founders Circle Member
- We Are the Care Initiative (childcare) – Committee Member
- NOOR Foundation – Board of Directors, member
- The State Bar of California
- The State Bar of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
- Illinois (1990 – present)
- California (2002 –present)
- U.S. Supreme Court (2007-present)
- University of Notre Dame (J.D. 1990)
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (B.S. in Business Administration, 1987)