Looking for a change? Consider working on the Central Coast.
Does your firm allow you to have flexibility with hybrid or remote work?
Do you have excellent corporate-level benefits with health, vision, dental, a flexible spending account, and a fully-vested profit sharing account?
If not, and you’re looking for a job as an Estate Planning Attorney, please check out our job post.
We are looking for a skilled attorney, experienced in high net worth estate planning, probate, and trust administration.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of transactional and estate planning experience, including the following experience and skills:
- Designing and creating wills, revocable living trusts, property agreements, irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts, insurance trusts, private foundations, family limited partnerships, and limited liability companies, as well as durable powers of attorney for financial and healthcare matters;
- Advising on techniques for achieving wealth transfers between generations, including advising business owners on the selection of the legal structure for the business, the preparation of buy/sell agreements, and other management succession issues;
- Advising trustees, executors, and beneficiaries on matters such as the interpretation of documents, tax issues (including the preparation of gift and estate tax returns), and disagreements between beneficiaries and fiduciaries;
- Assisting clients with probate administration and post-death administration of living trusts;
- Licensed to practice in California;
- Competitive academic credentials;
- LLM in Taxation or California Certified Specialist in Estate Planning preferred;
- Commitment to excellent client development, service, and relationship management; and
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration, internally and with the local legal community.
This is a full-time position, with a salary range from $120,000-$150,000, commensurate with depth and breadth of experience. We offer individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, and a 401(k) and profit-sharing plan. Our firm is family-friendly and child-care minded.
Carmel & Naccasha was founded in 2004, and our offices are located in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles. Nestled on California’s Central Coast, both San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles offer small-town charm combined with world-class wineries, great weather, scenic beauty, and unparalleled hiking and cycling trails. San Luis Obispo has been named the Happiest City in America—and we agree. We are looking for a candidate with the intention to establish a long-term career here.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome experienced lawyers returning to the workplace after a career hiatus to apply for this position.
We look forward to meeting you!