Established law practice with offices in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles seeks an attorney with a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in municipal, land use and real estate law for our San Luis Obispo or Paso Robles office. Join our municipal law team working for local cities, special districts and private landowners and companies.
Must be well versed in a wide range of legal matters relating to public agencies and private landowners and companies including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing and preparing meeting agendas
- Assisting in the preparation of staff reports
- Drafting ordinances and resolutions
- Attending city council, board and agency staff meetings
- Brown Act and Public Records Act issues
- Managing and handling employment issues
- Contract negotiation and preparation
- Public Works
- Prevailing wage issues
- Land use and development issues
- Code enforcement matters
- Managing and handling litigation
In addition to a passion for the law, potential candidates must have superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as a commitment to excellent client service.
San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles are amazing communities located on the Central Coast, halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles. The County offers small town charm and friendliness combined with world-class wineries, a thriving university and unparalleled hiking trails, scenic beauty and great elementary school options. Our firm is child care and family-friendly. And although we cannot imagine why anyone would want to live anywhere else, remote work is also a possibility.
This is a full-time competitive-salaried position that also offers medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) and profit sharing plan.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!