Thriving law practice with offices in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles is seeking a full-time paralegal with probate and/or probate litigation experience for our San Luis Obispo office.
This is a full-time hourly position that also offers medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Main Paralegal Tasks and Responsibilities:
Assist and provide a range of legal support and administration to lawyers and other legal professionals engaged in probate administration and litigation.
Responsible for support and assistance to attorneys and other paralegals before, during and after mediation or trial.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- perform records research draft legal documents including briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, contracts and legal memoranda
- prepare discovery documents, interrogatories and responses
- create, maintain and monitor discovery indexes
- organize and analyze, cross-check and validate information
- prepare written reports
- prepare correspondence
- check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy
- organize and track case files
- draft and serve summons
- coordinate and summarize depositions
- draft settlement agreements
- review and monitor new and updated laws and regulations
- coordinate law office activities such as subpoena delivery
- help with trial preparation including witness lists, exhibits and trial binders
Education and Experience:
- bachelors degree, associates degree or certificate program in paralegal studies
- thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices
- thorough knowledge of legal research techniques
- thorough knowledge of legal terminology
- thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and practices
- in depth knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
- strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite required.
- Knowledge of Practice Master, Tabs3, and Hotdocs helpful, but not required
Key Paralegal Competencies:
- research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- planning and organizing, ability to budget time and meet deadlines
- ability to use your time efficiently, meet or exceed billable hour expectations
- information monitoring
- strong communication skills
- attention to detail and accuracy
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter.
Full-time paralegal hourly position, wage will be commensurate with relevant experience.