Congratulations Jess Raynor
We are very pleased to announce that Jess Raynor has been promoted as a non-equity Partner at the firm.
Jess has been a lawyer since December of 2012. She joined us in March of 2022 and was slated to work part-time. It became immediately apparent that she couldn’t get enough of us, and she quickly increased her hours, and collections, to be a full-timer. She has worked very hard, and has integrated into the firm in a productive, collaborative manner, with staff and with clients. Jess consistently puts out excellent work, always meets and exceeds her hourly goals, and has managed some very difficult client situations and personalities graciously and professionally. Jess joined the Kiwanis Organization and is active in her local bar association.
Thank you for your hard work Jess, and congratulations! We look forward to working with you for many years to come.
- Corporate and Business Transactions
- Negotiating and Drafting Contracts
Jess Raynor’s Biography
Jessica joined Carmel & Naccasha in 2022 and assists clients in complex litigation and business matters. Prior to joining Carmel & Naccasha, Jessica worked in the Complex Commercial Litigation practice of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP’s Silicon Valley office for seven years. During her time at Weil, Jessica advised clients on a variety of litigation matters across multiple industries, including commercial disputes, copyright, trade secrets, contract disputes, securities, consumer fraud, employee mobility, bankruptcy, and business torts. Jessica also counseled clients in internal investigations related to employee matters and potential business disputes, represented clients in mediation and arbitration, and offered counsel to clients regarding the litigation risk in mergers and acquisitions.
Raynor devoted a significant portion of her practice at Weil to pro bono matters, including reviewing case files for the Innocence Project to help process their backlog of potential claims. Over several years, she reviewed hundreds of case files. Jessica also represented a man incarcerated at California’s Pelican Bay State Penitentiary in connection with a free exercise of religion claim.
Jessica and her husband, Brian, have three very energetic daughters (5.5-year-old twins and 2.5-year-old). In her spare time, she enjoys running, hiking, gardening, reading a good book, and cooking.
Community & Professional Involvement
- The State Bar of California – Member
- Alameda County Bar Association – Member
- San Leandro Kiwanis Club – Secretary
- Roosevelt Elementary School PTA – Recording Secretary
- The State Bar of California (2012 – Present)
- US Supreme Court
- The Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of CA
- University of San Francisco School of Law (J.D. 2012), Cum Laude
- Honors and Awards:
- McAuliffe Honor Society (3 years)
- CALI Award for Excellence (highest grade) in Constitutional Law, Legal Ethics, and Juvenile Law
- Advocate of the Year award winner in 2011
- Honors and Awards:
- Saint Mary’s College of California (B.A. in English, 2009), Cum Laude