Does your firm allow you to have flexibility with hybrid or remote work?
Do you have excellent corporate-level benefits with health, vision, dental, a flexible spending account, and fully-vested profit sharing account?
If not, and you’re looking for a job as an experienced legal assistant, please check out our job post. We look forward to working with you.
Our firm is family-friendly and child-care minded.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome experienced assistants returning to the workplace after a career hiatus to apply for this position.
Thriving law practice with offices in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles seeks a full-time legal assistant for our San Luis Obispo office. This is a full-time hourly position that also offers a robust benefits package (see details below).
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Assist and provide a range of legal support and administration to lawyers, paralegals and other legal professionals.
Responsible for support and assistance to attorneys and paralegals. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Keep attorneys organized, know deadlines and help prioritize;
- Schedule client visits, answer phones, draft email;
- Draft letters, memos, e-mail and legal documents for review;
- Check and edit legal documents and forms for accuracy and clarity;
- Organize and analyze, cross-check and validate information; and
- Be a proactive and thoughtful team player and an exceptional team member.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. An Associates degree or certificate program may be acceptable with proper experience;
- Thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and calendaring;
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices;
- Thorough knowledge of legal terminology; and
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite required;
- Planning and organizing, ability to budget time and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication with your attorney and the rest of the team;
- Responsive to client and attorney needs;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Research, analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Confidentiality; and
Our model candidate is someone who is smart, thorough, professional, hardworking, task oriented, and works well with a team. As a law firm, this is a deadline-driven environment. Schedule flexibility and partial work-from-home are a possibility.
The Other Details
This is a full-time hourly position. The pay range is $24.00-$32.00/hour depending on background and experience.
Our rich benefits package includes individual and family Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances (partially funded by the firm); Group Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Group Long Term Disability insurances (fully funded by the firm). Voluntary coverages include additional Group Life Insurance as well as Critical Illness and Accident coverage.
Employees may also contribute pre-tax dollars to a Flexible Spending Account for medical costs not covered by insurance as well as childcare costs. Employees may also contribute pre-tax payroll to our Safe Harbor 401(k) plan. Carmel & Naccasha contributes between 3-5% of an employee’s annual salary.
Carmel & Naccasha was founded in 2004, and our offices are located in San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles. Nestled on California’s Central Coast, both San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles offer small-town charm combined with world-class wineries, great weather, scenic beauty, and unparalleled hiking and cycling trails. San Luis Obispo has been named the Happiest City in America—and we agree. We are looking for a candidate with the intention to establish a long-term career here.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome experienced professionals returning to the workplace after a career hiatus to apply for this position. Our firm is family-friendly and child-care minded.
Please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and references.