Phone: (805) 546-8785
Email: click here to contact
Kelly Stone has over 20 years of experience practicing law and is licensed in both New Mexico and California. After earning her MBA, Kelly gained years of practical experience with business operations and transactions.
During her professional career, Kelly has practiced business law, insurance defense, employment law, representation of Title IV-D agencies, probate and estate planning, and general civil litigation.
Before joining Carmel & Naccasha, Kelly practiced law in New Mexico and was General Counsel to sister companies located in New Mexico and California. Prior to her role as General Counsel, Kelly was a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of New Mexico for six years and an Associate Attorney for Miller Stratvert, P.A. for three years.
Kelly has lived on the central coast for almost ten years. She has been married to her husband for over 20 years and enjoys spending time with him and their three children, ages 13, 10, and 5. Outside of work, she coaches soccer and is heavily involved in all of her children’s school and sporting activities including soccer, baseball, basketball, and dance. Kelly also enjoys parenting their Black Labrador Retriever, Luna, their American Village Dog (aka mutt), Willy, and her two Orange Winged Amazon Parrots, Birda and Julio. Kelly has a green thumb and has received Yard-of-the-Month awards from her neighborhood’s HOA.
- California State Soccer Association
- Licensed Soccer Coach
- Orcutt National Little League
- Board Member
- Vice President (2022-2023 season)
- Santa Maria Valley Chamber (2022 – Present)
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association (2022 – Present)
- Foxenwood Estates Homeowners Association
- Pro Bono legal representation (2021 – Present)
- Appointed by Governor of New Mexico for three Judicial Nominating Committees
- Member of Citizen’s Police Advisory Committee; Farmington, NM. (2003 – 2008)
- State Bar of California (2021 – Present)
- State Bar of New Mexico (2003 – Present)
- University of Tulsa, College of Law (2002 JD/MBA)
- University of Tulsa, College of Business Administration (B.S. in Business Administration, 1998)