Joe Benson is a senior business attorney who joined Carmel & Naccasha in 2020 after working in-house as Senior Corporate Counsel with local technology company, Mindbody, since 2016. Prior to Mindbody, Joe worked in-house, in the aerospace industry, for over a decade, with time spent at Boeing as well as Pratt & Whitney.
Joe’s passion is helping companies grow and succeed in their mission. Joe focuses on corporate and business transactions as well as helping companies with their day-to-day legal matters including resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Joe is deeply committed to the San Luis Obispo community. He proudly serves on the board of directors for the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce, the San Luis Obispo Symphony, and the San Luis Obispo County Bar Association. Joe has consistently provided pro bono legal services to Cal Poly’s Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship since 2017 and is a member of Leadership SLO Class XXIX. In 2018, the Tribune named Joe as one of its “Top 20 Under 40”.
Joe is admitted to practice in the State of California. He is a member of the State Bar Association of California and the San Luis Obispo Bar Association.
Joe and his wife, Erin, have a daughter and live in San Luis Obispo. They enjoy various outdoor activities, including going to the beach, hiking, and riding their bicycles. Joe loves playing golf, pickleball, working outside in his yard, and generally trying not to hurt himself in the process.
- San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- San Luis Obispo Symphony Board of Directors
- Cal Poly CIE Incubator and Hot House – provider of pro bono legal services since 2017
- Leadership SLO Class XXIX
- Appointed to the City of San Luis Obispo Administrative Review Board
- Speaker at the 2020 webinar on Proposition 19 presented by the San Luis Obispo County Farm Bureau
- Speaker at 2019 SLO Chamber of Commerce: Free speech, free press, free society
- The State Bar of California
- San Luis Obispo County Bar Association
- California (2011 – present)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California (2011 – present)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (2011 – Present)